CAR hosts UTSA's Toys for Tots campaign
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Dec. 13, 2006)--Through Dec. 18, the staff of the UTSA Center for Archaeological Research (CAR) will collect toys and other gifts for small children and teens in the San Antonio area.
The donations are part of the annual Toys for Tots campaign sponsored by the local Marine Reserves. The donated toys for younger children and gifts for teens should be new and unwrapped.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
During the holiday season, the U.S. Marine Corps sponsors Toys for Tots campaigns around the world to help deliver a message of hope and joy to needy youngsters, and to unite local communities in a common cause for a brighter future.
UTSA donation boxes are at the University Heights break room and at these 1604 Campus locations:
- Mail Services, Multidisciplinary Studies Building Room 1.01.22
- Center for Archaeological Research Room 1.00.04
- Office of the Registrar, John Peace Library Building Room 1.01.12
- Department of Interdisciplinary Learning and Teaching, Main Building Room 2.212
- Department of Anthropology, Humanities and Social Sciences Building Room 4.03.38
If your department collects more than 30 toys, call the CAR office at (210) 458-4378, and a staff member will pick up the donations.