Staff Excellence Awards nominations are due March 1
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Feb. 27, 2007)--Now is the time to submit nominations for the annual UTSA Staff Excellence Awards. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m., Thursday, March 1. This year's ceremony is 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 17 in the University Center Retama Auditorium (2.02.02) on the 1604 Campus.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
"I encourage all faculty and staff members to take the time to nominate those colleagues whom you believe are deserving of this recognition and honor," said UTSA President Ricardo Romo.
The Staff Excellence Awards honor outstanding UTSA staff who demonstrate excellent work performance. Romo will make the final selection of award recipients. An award of $1,000 accompanies each of the Staff Excellence Awards.
The awards are:
- The Rising Star Award
- The Leadership Award
- The Team Spirit Award
- The Extra Mile Award
- The Order of the Roadrunner Award
Download the nomination form (Word document), which includes descriptions of each award.
For employees who do not access to a UTSA personal comoputer, supervisors are asked to print copies of the form.
For more information, contact Josie Dickerson at (210) 458-4663.