Pictured from left at the recent UTSA Alumni Rising Star Gala are Yvonne
Fernandez, '85, Alumni Association president; Danny Zimmermann, '01, vice
president; Susan Filyk, '95, gala chair; and Dinah Covert, '95, silent auction
UTSA Alumni Association announces officers, board
By Marcia Mattingly
UTSA Office of Alumni Programs
(Nov. 8, 2007)--New officers and board members of the UTSA Alumni Association were elected for the coming year at their quarterly board meeting.
The executive committee works closely with board members to develop programs, services and activities that connect 72,000 alumni worldwide and keep them connected to the university, fulfilling the mission of the UTSA Alumni Association to promote and serve UTSA and its alumni.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
For more information, call (210) 458-4133 or visit the UTSA Alumni Web site.
The new officers are:
- President: Yvonne Fernandez, '85, assistant vice president, business services, Security Service Federal Credit Union
- Vice President: Danny Zimmermann, '01, owner, Cleary Zimmermann Engineers
- Treasurer: Tracy D. Jackson, '99, vice president - internal audit, Tesoro Companies Inc.
- Member-at-Large: Dinah Covert, '95, Accreditation & Licensing Consultants
- Member-at-Large: Rob Killen, '97, attorney, Kaufman and Associates.
Returning board members are:
- Elva P. Adams, COB '95, vice president, business relations manager, Wells Fargo Bank
- Walter Ague, '90, political consultant
- Renée L. Crittenden-Garcia, '96, Crittenden Communications LLC
- Judy Crockett, '98, senior marketing specialist, Frost Bank
- Gerardo Escamillo Jr., '98, T&D engineer, CPS Energy
- Patty Escobedo, '85, '93, Principal, Francis Scobee Junior High School
- Susan Filyk, '95, director of marketing, U.S. Global Investors
- Ron Garcia, '82, physician
- Michael J. Kwiatkowski, '78, manager, Shell Oil Co.
- Debbie Bolner Prost, '79, owner, Prost Marketing Inc.
- Cathy Starnes, '92, vice president of employee relations, Southwest Business Corporation
- Wayne Terry, '85, recruiting manager, college relations, HEB
New board members are:
- Melissa Aguillon '95, director, South Texas Women's Business Center
- April Ancira, '03, vice president, Ancira Enterprises
- Susan Campbell, '89, vice president and director of shareholder services, The Capital Group Companies
- Steven Langley, '05, leasing manager, Nueces Energy Company