Future entrepreneurs: Apply for $10K scholarship
By Annie Kuo
CITE Scholarship Coordinator
(Feb. 13, 2008)--UTSA graduate students interested in entrepreneurship are invited to apply for a $10,000 scholarship offered by the Texas Hall of Fame. The scholarship recognizes students with a strong academic record as well as those with a passion and track record in entrepreneurship.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Full-time and part-time students from all colleges are eligible to apply. Applicants must be a UTSA graduate student next fall, have a GPA of 3.25 or higher and submit a one-page application explaining who they are, why they are an entrepreneur and what the scholarship will allow them to accomplish.
Applicants must include a resume, Banner ID, undergraduate and graduate GPA and a listing of majors and minors.
- Submit applications by Wednesday, Feb. 27 to Annie Kuo in Business Building Room 4.02.34, UTSA 1604 Campus.
The UTSA Center for Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship will host presentations featuring the top five candidates. Recommendations will be sent to the Texas Business Hall of Fame, and a winner will be selected by TBHF officials this spring. The scholarship recipient will receive the award at the Texas Business Hall of Fame gala in Dallas next fall.