Teams, coaches needed for UTSA Ethics Bowl
By Charlin Jones
Assistant Director of Student Activities
(Feb. 15, 2008)--The UTSA Honors Alliance and the Office of Student Judicial Affairs will host the third annual UTSA Ethics Bowl competition from 5:30 to 9 p.m., Monday, March 24 in the University Center Retama Auditorium (2.02.02), 1604 Campus.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Student teams and coaches are needed for the competition. Team members must be current UTSA students. Teams consist of three presenters, one alternate member and a faculty or staff member serving as a coach. The teams will deliberate and present on ethical dilemmas through research, discussion and resolution.
Team coaches must attend one training meeting. Coach meetings will be in the Office of Student Activities Conference Room (1.02.08), University Center, 1604 Campus, at these times:
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 11 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 1 p.m.
Registration forms are available in the Office of Student Activities (University Center Room 1.02.08, 1604 Campus, or Durango Building Room 1.302, Downtown Campus) or at the Honors Alliance Web site.
Registration forms are due in the Office of Student Activities (either campus) by Thursday, Feb. 28.
For more information, contact Juan Pequeno, Honors Alliance scholarly programming chair, at (210) 458-7273.