Students: File now to run for SGA positions
By Barry McKinney
Director of Student Activities
(Feb. 12, 2008)--UTSA students already are members of Student Government Association (SGA) simply by being enrolled, but they can get more involved in the university community and help make changes by filing for an SGA position for the 2008-2009 academic year.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
All UTSA students are eligible to file; the application deadline was extended to 5 p.m., Friday, Feb. 22.
Students who want to run for an SGA officer or college representative position can pick up filing forms at the Office of Student Activities in the University Center, 1604 Campus, or the Durango Building, Downtown Campus.
For more information, call John Montoya at (210) 458-4160.
Open SGA positions, 2008-2009
- Vice President
- College of Architecture (1 seat)
- College of Education and Human Development Senator (4 seats)
- College of Public Policy Senators (1 seat)
- College of Sciences Senator (5 seats)
- College of Engineering (2 seats)
- College of Business (5 seats)
- College of Liberal and Fine Arts (5 seats)
- Undeclared Major Senators (3 seats)
- Sophomore Senator (3 seats)
- Junior Senator (3 seats)
- Senior Senator (3 seats)
- Graduate Senator (3 seats)