Bicultural-Bilingual Studies hosts TESOL symposium
By Ashley Harris
Public Affairs Specialist
(Feb. 1, 2008)--The UTSA College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) Division of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies and the UTSA Office of Career Services will host a symposium on Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 4 and noon to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 6 in Business Building Room 2.06.04 at the 1604 Campus.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Free and open to the public, the events will feature presentations by COEHD professors and advisers as well as Northside ISD specialists.
The symposium will include these topics:
- Graduate study in the TESOL field
- Obtaining certification for TESOL in K-12 classrooms
- Opportunities to teach English abroad
- Support from UTSA Career Services for those seeking TESOL careers
- First-hand accounts of ESL teaching experiences
- Applying for ESL certification
- UTSA master of arts degree in TESOL
For more information, contact Ruben Arciniega at (210) 458-6619 or e-mail Eric Arellano.