Fulbright international scholars
International Programs hosts Fulbright workshop
By Holly Hill
Assistant Director of International Programs
(March 12, 2008)--The UTSA Office of International Programs will present a brown-bag workshop by David Adams, a representative of the Fulbright Scholars Program, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, March 17 in the University Center Pecan Room (2.01.26), 1604 Campus. The free workshop for faculty members will outline the Fulbright program and how to apply.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Adams is a senior program officer for the Middle East and Asia of the Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES). CIES administers the Fulbright Scholar Program, funded by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Attendees at the Fulbright Program for Faculty and Professionals Workshop will:
- Learn about lecturing and research opportunities in more than 130 countries
- Get advice on which country to apply to and how to make contacts abroad
- Learn how to prepare the Fulbright application
- Explore how their campus can host visiting foreign Fulbright scholars
For planning purposes, reserve a seat for the workshop by March 14.
To reserve a seat and for more information, contact Holly Hill at (210) 458-7204.