One-stop graduation event: GradFest, March 25-26
By Anne Englert
Assistant Director of Student Relations, Office of Alumni Programs
(March 24, 2008)--Graduating seniors can make all of their commencement arrangements in one stop at GradFest on the 1604 and Downtown campuses.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
2-6 p.m., Tuesday, March 25
Buena Vista Street Building
(First floor outside bookstore)
10-6 p.m., Tuesday-Wednesday, March 25-26
(First floor outside bookstore
Graduation candidates can accomplish these important tasks at GradFest:
- Pick up commencement guest tickets
- Order cap-and-gown pictures (1604 Campus only)
- Order announcements, cap and gown, diploma frame
- Order official UTSA ring (must order before March 10 to be included in May 2008 Ring Ceremony)
- Attend identify theft and student loan consolidation seminars hosted by Wells Fargo (see details below)
Graduates-to-be can win prizes and enter a drawing to win one airline ticket anywhere in the continental United States, courtesy of American Airlines.
Additionally, graduating seniors are invited to "Senior Send-Off" from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 26 in the John Peace Library Building Assembly Room (4.03.08), 1604 Campus. The event is free for graduating seniors, $11 for guests. Reserve a seat at the Office of Alumni Programs Web site.
For more information, contact the Office of Alumni Programs at (210) 458-4133.
Student Loan Consolidation and Identify Theft seminars
University Center Anaqua Room (2.02.08), 1604 Campus
10 a.m. -- Student Loan Consolidation
11 a.m. -- Identity Theft
Noon -- Student Loan Consolidation
1 p.m. -- Identity Theft