2008 poster designed by UTSA alumna Cecelia Paz Mujica
Fiesta parking is available at Downtown Campus
By David Kapalko
Director of Parking and Transportation Services
(April 17, 2008)--UTSA will offer public parking at $10 per day during Fiesta San Antonio, April 18-27. Public parking will be $10 per vehicle, paid on entry.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Lots available to the public are:
- D1 through D3 under Interstate 35 (from Buena Vista/Dolorosa Street south to El Paso Street)
- Durango Loop lot
- Cattleman's Square lot (across from the Buena Vista Street Building and adjacent to Pico de Gallo restaurant)
Fewer lots will be offered for public parking this year because the Fiesta carnival will be moved from Market Square near the UTSA Downtown Campus to the Alamodome near UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.
Vehicles displaying a UTSA parking permit will be allowed to park for free in the designated lots, but permit holders are encouraged to park in the Durango Loop or Monterey Building lots during festivities to avoid traffic congestion. Garage parking requires a garage permit at all times.
Revenues from Fiesta parking will be used to offset the cost of Downtown Campus parking lot lease costs.
Fiesta public parking at UTSA
Friday, April 18 -- Noon-midnight *
Saturday, April 19 -- Noon-midnight
Sunday, April 20 -- Noon-midnight
Monday, April 21 -- 4 p.m.-midnight
Tuesday, April 22 -- 4 p.m.- midnight
Wednesday, April 23 -- 4 p.m.-midnight
Thursday, April 24 -- 4 p.m.-midnight
Friday, April 25 -- 10 a.m.-midnight *
Saturday, April 26 -- Noon-midnight
Sunday, April 27 -- Noon-midnight
* Cattleman's Square Lot will be restricted to UTSA permit parking only until 2 p.m., Friday, April 18 and April 25. The Battle of Flowers Parade on Friday, April 25 requires an earlier starting time for public parking.