Renderings of new University Center (top) and John Peace Library Building
food courts, 1604 Campus
ARAMARK selected as UTSA dining vendor
By Jane Wilcox
Director of Business Auxiliary Services
(May 7, 2008)--The UTSA Office of Business Affairs announces ARAMARK as the university's new dining services contractor effective May 12. The new vendor will renovate many UTSA dining facilities, providing service upgrades and new venues including Taco Cabana, Chick-fil-A and Panda Express. Wendy's will be added in the spring.
As part of the new contract with ARAMARK, the John Peace Library Building food court on the 1604 Campus is closed until June 2 for remodeling. The food court will open June 2, the first day of summer classes, with limited service including pasta, pizza, Freshens smoothies and salad bar. The major remodel will continue through December, but full service will return by the end of the summer.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
ARAMARK service begins May 12 with limited service available through June 2 as the transition is made from Chartwells, the previous vendor. During the May mini-mester, Subway and the Grille will be open at the Downtown Campus. For this short period, UTSA offices should use an approved caterer other than ARAMARK. During the transition, Business Auxiliary Services will waive the 10-percent fee for using one of the approved caterers. Regular service including catering services will commence June 2. View the UTSA approved caterers list.
ARAMARK was selected by a food services evaluation team comprised of students, faculty and staff who analyzed and evaluated submitted proposals from food service providers. The agreement was negotiated and has been submitted for Board of Regents approval this month.
"I commend the food services evaluation team and the contract negotiation team for the outstanding job they did," said Pamela Bacon, UTSA associate vice president for administration. "This is expected to greatly enhance the quality of services provided to students, faculty and staff."
For more information, call (210) 458-4003.
Upcoming dining services changes
Venues not listed will remain unchanged.
University Center, 1604 Campus
- Taco Cabana (first on a university campus, opens August 2008)
- Panda Express (opens August 2008)
- Wendy's (opens January 2009)
- Subway (moves to University Center expansion)
- C3 convenience store (opens in former Subway location)
John Peace Library Building food court, 1604 Campus
- Half of food court will be remodeled Summer 2008, remainder in Fall 2008
- Sushi bar
- Bene Pasta and Pizza
- Montegue's Subs
- C3 convenience store
Business Building, 1604 Campus
- Regional Mexican cuisine
Roadrunner Café, 1604 Campus
- Expansion project completed in June with additional 7,000 square feet of dining and serving space
- New features: Real Foods on Campus (RFoC) -- off-campus restaurant experience with atmosphere and breads just out of the oven, rotisserie chicken, made-to-order Panini sandwiches, cookies baked on-site and Papa John's pizza
Frio Street Building food court, Downtown Campus
- Grille Works
- Home-style food with daily specials: rotisserie chicken, carved roast beef
- C3 convenience store
- Before more changes, ARAMARK will survey Downtown Campus community to reflect needs