Students at the University Center, UTSA 1604 Campus
UTSA Graduate School hosts Aug. 23 orientation
By James Benavides
Public Affairs Specialist
(Aug. 20, 2008)--The UTSA Graduate School will host 300 students for the fall 2008 graduate student orientation, 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23 with check-in at the Main Building ground floor auditorium foyer.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Graduate students will receive an overview of how the Graduate School and a vast collaboration of student-support offices assist the degree candidates. To assist graduate students, the Tomás Rivera Center for Student Success will offer "Gear-Up for Graduate School" workshops in collaboration with Library Services to prepare graduate students for the expectations of their programs.
Sessions will include:
- Library Secrets for Graduate Students (Main Building Room 0.226)
- Grad Writing 101 (Main Building Room 0.224)
- Managing Your Research, Readings and Coursework (Main Building Room 0.104)
The Tomas Rivera Center will provide lunch at a panel discussion featuring graduate students, faculty, staff and financial aid officers. An information fair will include representatives from Enrollment Services, Office of Information Technology, Campus Recreation and Student Health Services. An optional tour of the 1604 Campus is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and will include time to purchase textbooks.
Registration for graduate student orientation is online at the UTSA Graduate School Web site. There is no registration deadline. For information, opportunities and announcements, visit the "Current Students" section at the site.
For more information, call (210) 458-4330.