Remodeled bookstore at 1604 Campus
(Photo by Mark McClendon)
Renovated bookstores have grand re-openings
(Sept. 16, 2008)--Follett's UTSA Bookstore in partnership with UTSA will host the dedication of the two newly renovated campus bookstores. A ribbon cutting ceremony including comments by UTSA Vice President for Student Affairs Gage Paine and Follett administrators will be at 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 17 in the 1604 Campus bookstore. The event is free and open to the public.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
A culmination of many months of planning and construction, the renovation was initiated to enhance the shopping experience for the UTSA community. According to Jane Wilcox, UTSA director of business auxiliary services, "Business Auxiliary Services is pleased to partner with Follett to provide the UTSA community with a bookstore that incorporates functionality and a completely redesigned retail space, making room for expanded merchandise offerings."
The renovation features:
- Elements that provide greater shopping ease, increase merchandise space, improve clothing displays and gift items, and create an overall ambience that is efficient and inviting
- A new lighter and more cohesive look that uses the school colors for the store's décor palate
- Display of the UTSA core values
- Improved store lighting accomplished by re-working the light fixture pattern and lumen output
- Modernized fixtures and accessories incorporating Follett's signature look and resized departments to meet the current needs of students
- A new flexible merchandise plan to meet changing needs and traffic flow
Light refreshments will be served at both the 1604 Campus and Downtown Campus bookstores.
"We want this store to be the heart of the university's book, supply and gift needs and to be considered a destination for students and a meeting place as well," said bookstore director John Palmer. "We know we've achieved this goal in our renovation."
The UTSA Bookstore is the official bookstore of The University of Texas at San Antonio and is located in the University Center on the 1604 Campus and the Buena Vista Street Building on the Downtown Campus. Store hours for the 1604 Campus bookstore are Monday-Thursday, 7:45 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Friday, 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; closed Sunday. Store hours for the Downtown Campus bookstore are Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; closed Saturday and Sunday. Hours are extended during back-to-school periods.