UTSA Alumni Association hosts Grad Fest Nov. 5-6
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Oct. 31, 2008)--The UTSA Alumni Association will host Grad Fest Nov. 5-6. The event is an opportunity to make all commencement purchases at one time. Graduation candidates can pick up commencement guest tickets and order announcements, cap and gown, diploma frame and an official UTSA ring.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- At the 1604 Campus, Grad Fest is 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Wednesday-Thursday, Nov. 5-6 at the University Center first floor outside the bookstore.
- At the Downtown Campus, Grad Fest is 2-6 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 5 at the Buena Vista Street Building first floor outside the bookstore.
It's also an opportunity for graduation candidates to register to win prizes and buy a Pave the Paseo brick. Brick buyers will have their names placed on a brick paving the paseo between the older University Center and the newly opened University Center III.
An additional event for graduation candidates is Senior Send-off from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 6 in the Business Building University Room (2.06.04) on the 1604 Campus. Those attending the event can register to win door prizes. The gathering is free for graduates, $12 for guest tickets. Reserve seats by calling the Office of Alumni Programs at (210) 458-4133.