Christian Menefee (left) receives certificate from John Montoya
Christian Menefee named Student Leader of Month
By John Montoya
Assistant Director of Student Leadership
(Oct. 23, 2008)--The UTSA Office of Student Activities announces the selection of Christian Menefee as the LeadUTSA Student Leader of the Month for August/September. Congratulations go to Menefee for being an active member of the UTSA community.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
A UTSA junior, Menefee was selected because of his leadership in helping to secure UTSA as an early-voting site. He testified before a county commission and helped convince them to reverse an earlier decision and declare UTSA an early-voting site.
Menefee is vice president of the Student Government Association and chapter president of Omega Psi Phi as well as being the Undergraduate Texas State Representative for the organization.
LeadUTSA is the comprehensive student leadership development program at UTSA. The Student Leader of the Month award is sponsored by the Office of Student Activities to recognize outstanding UTSA student leadership contributions.
Nominees must meet these criteria to be considered for the award:
- Full-time UTSA undergraduate or graduate student
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.25 or higher at the time of nomination
- Must have demonstrated excellence in leadership above and beyond typical expectations
- Nominee's actions demonstrate a positive impact on the UTSA community
Submit nominations by the fourth Thursday each month at the UTSA Office of Student Activities Web site.