UTSA Diversity Month event at Downtown Campus
Downtown employees enjoy 'Taste of Diversity'
By Keith Pilger
Program Coordinator, Office of Student Activities, Downtown Campus
(Nov. 19, 2008)--As part of UTSA Diversity Month, Downtown Campus faculty, staff and students brought their favorite ethnic and cultural foods for sampling at "The Taste of Diversity." Presented Nov. 10, the event was established three years ago as part of the campuswide celebration of diverse cultures at UTSA.
Participants brought foods and recipes that celebrate the range of cultures in the UTSA community.
More than 30 events throughout the UTSA Tri-Campus community will provide opportunities to celebrate Diversity Month during November with a full slate of events representing the many groups at UTSA.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
- Download the UTSA Diversity Month events calendar (PDF document).
The UTSA Diversity Month Planning Committee includes students, faculty and staff and is chaired by Ann Margaret Trujillo, associate director of the Inclusion and Community Engagement Center, part of the Office of Student Affairs.