UTSA Department of Music presents 'Faculty Follies'
By Gary Mabry
Associate Professor of Music
(Nov. 12, 2008)--The UTSA Department of Music will present the annual "Faculty Follies" musical fundraiser at 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 16 in the Arts Building Recital Hall. President Ricardo Romo will sing with accompaniment by the UTSA Mariachi Ensemble.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Proceeds from the event benefit music scholarships. Admission is $5.
Performers will include Daniel Gelo, dean of the College of Liberal and Fine Arts, at his bluegrass best on the banjo.
Music faculty members will demonstrate musical prowess in slightly out-of-character performances including:
- Cathy Nix (lecturer, voice)
- John Nix (associate professor, voice, vocal pedagogy)
- Gary Mabry (associate professor, choirs, voice)
- Linda Poetschke (professor, voice, vocal coordinator)
- Diana Allan (associate professor, voice)
- David Sebald (associate professor, music technology, music education)
- Matthew Dunne (assistant professor, guitar, music marketing)
- Eugene Dowdy (associate professor, orchestra)
- Cody Garner (lecturer)
- Christine Debus (accompanist)
- Morgan King (lecturer, theory)
For more information, call (210) 458-5685.