Radio and billboards: UTSA on and in the air
By Cindy Brockwell
Special Projects Writer
(Feb. 19, 2009)--Over the last two months, UTSA has been getting some airtime -- both in the sky and in the car. Digital billboards, a new advertising medium in the Alamo City, have been lighting up the sky and promoting UTSA accomplishments, while partnerships with 10 local radio stations have made UTSA spots part of your daily commute.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Keep an eye out for UTSA billboard announcements as they change between eight sites around town. You'll have to look fast -- messages rotate every eight seconds.
Beginning Feb. 9, you can spot UTSA announcements rotating at these locations for four weeks:
- I-35 at Weidner
- McAllister Freeway at Pearl
- 1604 at Shaenfield Road
- 410 at Bandera Road
And, keep an ear out for UTSA on the airwaves. UTSA is advertising on San Antonio area commercial radio stations Mix 96.1, KZEP 104.5, Q101.9, KISS 99.5, KSMG Magic 105.1, KPWT Power 106.7, Y100, KJXK Jack-FM 102.7 and BEAT 98.5.
Additionally, UTSA is a sponsor of Texas Public Radio KSTX 89.1 FM during morning and evening drive times.
Like the billboards, radio ads get UTSA's name out to the public while promoting academic programs and UTSA events.