Program namesake Sen. J. William Fulbright
UTSA hosts Fulbright scholarship workshop
(Feb. 19, 2009)--The UTSA Office of International Programs will host a workshop on applying to the U.S. Student Fulbright Program by Karen Crouch, educational services program coordinator at the Institute for International Education (IIE). Free and open to students who are U.S. citizens, the session is at 3:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 23 in the University Center Ash Room (2.03.06) on the UTSA 1604 Campus.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Crouch will provide information on the U.S. Student Fulbright Program including types of grants available, the application process and the overall competition cycle timeline. IIE administers the U.S. Student Fulbright Program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Workshop attendees will:
- Learn about study, English teaching and research opportunities in more than 130 countries
- Get advice on which country to apply to and how to make contacts abroad
- Learn how to prepare the Fulbright application
- Meet UTSA's Fulbright program adviser
To reserve a seat or request more information, contact Holly Hill, UTSA Office of International Programs, at (210) 458-7204.
>> Learn more at the Fulbright Scholar Program Web site.