UTSA student peer leaders needed for fall 2009
By Pardeis Heidari
Student Mentor, Tomas Rivera Center for Student Success
(March 11, 2009)--UTSA Learning Communities is accepting applications for peer leaders for fall 2009. As a peer leader, students serve as a mentor to freshmen to help them become more familiar with campus life. Students living on campus also can apply to be a residential peer leader.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Qualifications for peer leader applicants are:
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Full-time or part-time UTSA student
- Any major or classification
Download an application at the Learning Communities Web site or visit the Learning Communities office in Multidisciplinary Studies Building Suite 2.03.14 on the UTSA Main Campus. Applications are due Friday, April 10.
For more information, contact Carmen Dunbar, assistant director of Learning Communities, at (210) 458-6094.