UTSA offices, University Heights Tech Center
(Photos by Mark McClendon)
Many UTSA offices move to office park
By Lynn Gosnell
Special Projects Writer
(May 6, 2009)--A number of UTSA offices have relocated to the University Heights Tech Center, a business park that functions as a satellite of the UTSA Main Campus... and more will be on the way. University Heights is located off Interstate 10 at Hausman Road and University Heights Boulevard, about a half-mile south of campus.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
>> See a listing below of UH office moves and how to find the appropriate office suite.
"It's no secret we have space deficiencies at the Main Campus," said Daniel Sibley, director of the Office of Space Management. "Having the University Heights location nearby has allowed us to provide quality, professional work spaces for staff members since 2003."
In spring 2003, the human resources, accounting, grants and contracts, TRIO and payroll offices were the first UTSA departments to relocate to the office park. Earlier this year, a number of offices from both the Main and Downtown campuses transferred to University Heights Suite 400, adjacent to the Office of Human Resources and Development in Suite 500; the suites are in the same building but are accessed through separate entrances. The moves free space for expansion and relocation of departments at the Downtown and Main campuses.
"The new office space in Suite 400 features a contemporary office design, a large conference room and a floor plan that divides the suite into private, closed offices and collaborative, open-office spaces," said Jonathan Jarrell, senior project manager for capital projects.
To provide room for expansion of the UTSA Library in the John Peace Library Building and to allow for growth of the Office of Human Resources, UTSA has leased additional space in University Heights Suite 300, across the parking lot and north of the existing UTSA University Heights suites 400 and 500.
By the end of the year, the offices for travel services, disbursements, budget planning and development, management reporting and Define administrative systems also will relocate to University Heights from the Main Campus.
The campus mailing address for UTSA offices at University Heights remains "The University of Texas at San Antonio, One UTSA Circle, San Antonio, Texas, 78249-0708." Parking at University Heights is free with no permits required; UTSA parking is not permitted in covered spaces, which are reserved for other UH tenants.
How to find the right building at UH
- Determine the suite number of the department you are visiting.
- Enter Suite 500 (Human Resources) on the north end of the building.
- Enter Suite 400 (University Advancement) on the east side of the building, facing the FBI Building across University Heights Boulevard.
- Enter Suite 300 on the east side of the building, adjacent to a dental office and southwest of a building housing the Jack in the Box restaurant regional offices.
New UTSA offices, University Heights Suite 400
- Publications (part of University Communications formerly in Monterey Building, Downtown Campus)
- Web and Multimedia Services (part of University Communications formerly in Monterey Building, Downtown Campus)
- Marketing (part of University Communications formerly in John Peace Library Building, Main Campus)
- Advancement Services (formerly in John Peace Library Building, Main Campus)
- Development Officers (formerly in Main Building, Main Campus)
New UTSA offices, University Heights Suite 300
- Legal Affairs and Equal Opportunity Services (formerly in John Peace Library Building, Main Campus)
- Audit, Compliance and Risk Management (formerly in John Peace Library Building, Main Campus)
- Art Curator (formerly in John Peace Library Building, Main Campus)
- Undergraduate Studies Computing Services (formerly in Multidisciplinary Studies Building, Main Campus)
Upcoming office moves to University Heights Suite 300 (from UH Suite 500)
This move will consolidate Business Affairs and Financial Affairs operations.
- Enterprise Systems
- Information Security
- Student Information System Operations
- Telephone Services