At UTSA Alumni Gala 2008, Ms. UTSA 2008 Jessica Beemer
presents a $2,500 Valero gas card to power drawing winner Cindy
Jorgensen, Executive M.B.A., '00 at the 2008 Reflections Alumni
Gala. Jorgensen will be named Alumna of the Year at this year's
gala, along with Dr. Linda Foster '76.
Purchase UTSA Alumni Gala Power Drawing tickets now
By Marcia Mattingly
Communications Consultant, Office of Alumni Programs
(July 20, 2009)--The UTSA Alumni Association again will offer six terrific items in the UTSA Alumni Gala Power Drawing including a visit to Spain, a $2,500 Valero gas card and a week in Las Vegas. The gala is Saturday, August 15, at the Westin La Cantera Hotel and Resort. Gala proceeds provide scholarships for UTSA students and a portion benefits alumni programs and services.
>> Read details at the UTSA Alumni Web site. The winners will be announced at the gala, but if you buy a ticket, you don't have to be present to win.
Here's the lineup of this year's power drawing items:
- Two can fly to Spain in May 2010 and stay for a week in a Pueblo Evita Club apartment in Málaga, Spain, on the Costa del Sol.
- Valero Energy Corp. gives you a break at the gas pump with a $2,500 gas card.
- Spend five days and four nights for four at the Wyndham Grand Resort in Las Vegas.
- Watch a Spurs game in style in a box suite for 16 at a 2009-2010 game, plus a parking pass.
- Two roundtrip tickets to San Francisco, and two nights for up to six people on the Wetzel Family Estate on the Alexander Valley Vineyards in Healdsburg, Calif.
- Fitness package for the entire family: tumbling, Spectrum Club limited memberships, a round of 18 holes at Tapatio Golf Course and two 2009-2010 season tickets for Roadrunners men's or women's basketball.
Power Drawing tickets are $20 each or three for $50 and can be purchased online with a credit card or at the UTSA Office of Alumni Programs, University Center Room 2.00.10, Main Campus.
The 10th annual UTSA Reflections Alumni Gala will feature a cocktail reception with the UTSA Jazz Ensemble and a silent auction at 6:15 p.m. Henry Brun and the Latin Playerz will provide dance music until midnight. Dress is black tie optional for men and cocktail attire for women.
Linda Foster, M.A., '76 and Cindy Jorgensen, E.M.B.A., '00, will receive the Alumna of the Year Award. Foster is principal of Alamo Heights High School. Jorgensen is senior vice president and chief financial officer for SWBC in San Antonio.
Alfonso Barrientez III will be presented with the Distinguished Service Award. He is group vice president, U.S. warehouse operations and Mexico supply chain, for H-E-B.
Gala honorary chairs are Robert Crittenden and Yolanda Crittenden '92. The chair is Yvonne Fernandez '85. Special guests will be UTSA President Ricardo Romo and Dr. Harriett Romo.
Table sponsorships are available:
- Diamond level, $5,000
- Emerald level, $3,500
- Ruby level, $2,500
- Sapphire level, $1,500
The Diamond, Emerald and Ruby sponsors will have a student scholarship named for them for the 2010-2011 academic year. Individual tickets are $125. Each table seats eight.
For more information, contact the UTSA Office of Alumni Programs at (210) 458-4133.