» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Donate home goods to support battered women and children's shelter
(Nov. 23, 2009)--The UTSA Women's Resource Center will host a home goods and toiletry drive from Nov. 30 to Dec. 4. New and gently used items for the Battered Women and Children's Shelter of San Antonio will be collected at several locations on the UTSA Tri-campuses.
>> See a list below of most needed items and UTSA drop-off locations.
Called "It's the Little Things That Count," the drive is an excellent way for the UTSA community to show concern for the less fortunate during the holidays and to provide items that women and children use regularly for daily self-care and are that not re-useable.
"We know that many victims flee their homes with nothing," said Brittany Biley, lead peer educator. "By donating these items. they will have supplies for a fresh start that they can take after leaving the shelter."
Collection boxes marked 'Women's Resource Center' will be placed in high-traffic areas across the UTSA campuses where donations can be dropped off.
These items are needed most:
- Pillows (small or large)
- Twin-size sheets
- Wash cloths
- Baby bottles (8 oz.)
- Baby formula
- House shoes
- Shampoo and conditioner (especially African-American hair-care products)
UTSA drop-off locations
- Women's Resource Center (Recreation and Wellness Center Room 1.812)
- Laurel Village front office
- Humanities and Social Sciences Building (near room 2.01.36)
- Business Building, near Liu Auditorium (2.01.02)
- Women's Studies Institute, Multidisciplinary Studies Building Room 3.01.14
- Chisholm Hall front office
- University Center (near bookstore)
- UTSA Police Department lobby
- Student Activities Center (Durango Building)
Institute of Texas Cultures, HemisFair Park Campus
- Security Desk