» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Faculty reminder: Submit nominations for Distinguished Achievement Awards
(Feb. 24, 2010)--UTSA faculty members can submit nominations for the President's Distinguished Achievement Awards. A nomination must be submitted to the faculty member's respective dean's office. Deans must submit nominations by Monday, March 1. Faculty should check with their dean's office for details.
Electronic nominations must be submitted as PDF files. Copies of original work are not needed. The submission must include an explanation and justification for a nomination as well as a copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae.
>> Download the award descriptions (PDF document):
Nominations will be accepted for the 10 awards listed below. Nominations for two additional awards will be made by the Core Curriculum Committee, which includes representatives from all UTSA colleges. The final list of awardees will be approved by President Ricardo Romo.
Nominations will be accepted for these awards:
- Teaching Excellence (Tenured Faculty)
- Teaching Excellence (Tenure-track Faculty)
- Teaching Excellence (Non-Tenure Track Faculty)
- Research Achievement (Tenured Faculty)
- Research Achievement (Tenure-Track Faculty)
- Performance, Creative Production or Other Scholarly Achievement (Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty)
- Excellence in University Service (Non-Tenure Track Faculty)
- Excellence in University Service (Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty)
- Excellence in Community Service (Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty)
- Advancing Globalization (Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty)
Faculty Honors Convocation is April 29
UTSA President Ricardo Romo and Provost John Frederick will host the Faculty Honors Convocation 2010 at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 29 in the University Center Retama Auditorium (2.02.02) on the Main Campus. The event is free and open to the UTSA community with a reception following the ceremony.
The ceremony will honor 12 recipients of the President's Distinguished Achievement Awards in teaching and research and the winner of the Chancellor's Council Outstanding Teaching Award, along with recipients of service anniversary awards and acknowledgement of retirees. Romo and the awardees' deans will present the awards.
After the event, read a UTSA Today story about the honorees.
For more information, call the UTSA Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs at 210-458-4110.