» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Undergraduate international admissions services moved to one office
(Sept. 13, 2010)--To improve services for prospective international students at UTSA, undergraduate admissions services for international students moved Sept. 8 from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to the Office of International Programs (OIP) in Main Building Room 1.210 on the Main Campus.
"We believe that consolidating the key functions of recruitment, admission and initial matriculation to a single office will be a benefit to students," said George Norton, UTSA assistant vice president for student affairs, undergraduate admissions, orientation and family programs. "With this new arrangement of services, OIP will be able to work more closely with prospective international students to help them take full advantage of OIP programs. In turn, Undergraduate Admissions will focus its full efforts on its core mission of recruiting and enrolling increasingly well-prepared domestic undergraduate students."
Among others, these changes will be implemented in OIP:
- Hiring of international undergraduate admissions coordinator
- New Undergraduate International Admissions phone line: 210-458-7995
- Undergraduate International Admissions e-mail: IntlAdmissions@utsa.edu
- Undergraduate admissions advising for drop-in international student visitors
- Direct admissions advising and support for prospective international students
- Production and processing of admission letters and e-mails
- International recruitment with outside agencies and vendors
- Processing of prospective international undergraduate student admission and visa-related documents
- Responsibility for the International Undergraduate Admissions website
The project was coordinated by the Office International Programs, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of the Executive Vice Provost and Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
For more information, call 210-458-7202.