» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA offers free Jan. 29 workshop on submitting FAFSA financial aid form
(Jan. 26, 2011)--The UTSA Office of Student Financial Aid and Enrollment Services will host the annual FAFSA Fest Workshop from 1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 29 in Multidisciplinary Studies Building Room 1.03.06 on the Main Campus. Information will be provided on how to complete and submit the important Free Application for Federal Student Aid, better known as the FAFSA. The event is free and open to the general public.
The goal of the workshop is to help students and their families submit the FAFSA as early as possible. Filing early is crucial because most universities determine who will receive financial aid such as grants on a first-come, first-served basis. The workshop will provide one-on-one counseling and computer access to file the FAFSA.
For more information, visit UTSA Financial Aid website.
Required documents to bring to the FAFSA Fest Workshop:
- 2010 or 2009 income tax return (whether filed or hand-written) or W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license number (if you have one)
Other items that may be required:
- Alien Registration Receipt card (if applicable)
- Knowledge of federal benefits received such as Supplemental Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families and Welfare
- Records of child support paid
- Records of taxable earnings from Federal Work-Study or other need-based work programs
- Records of student grant, scholarship and fellowship aid including AmeriCorps awards that were included in your (or your parents') Adjusted Gross Income
- Stock, bond and other investment records
- Business and farm records