» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Lighting improvement project completed at Downtown and Main campuses
(Feb. 22, 2011)--A UTSA Downtown Campus lighting upgrade project, a visible commitment to campus security, is complete. The university-wide project designed with energy-efficient lighting was an effort initiated by students, faculty and staff who wanted to improve pedestrian security and overall campus safety.
For their work on the project, thanks go to Thomas Watson, John Saldana, Joe Rubio and Natividad Sandoval of the facilities staff and Geoffrey Merritt of the UTSA Police Department.
At the Downtown Campus, lighting was improved in these areas:
- Monterey Building parking lot
- Downtown Campus breezeways
- Bill Miller Plaza
Completed lighting improvement projects at the Main Campus include:
- Physical Education Building
- Sombrilla Plaza
- John Peace Library walkways near the flagpoles
- Chaparral Village walkway near the track and parking lot 1B
- Parking lot 12 (near baseball field), lot 12A (Sam Barshop Boulevard) and lot 4 (across from Business Building)
- Sculpture and Ceramics Studio
For more information about this and other lighting projects, contact UTSA Facilities Work Control at 210-458-4262.