» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA to offer science, engineering and robotics summer camps
(April 26, 2012) -- Kids in kindergarten through eighth grade from the greater San Antonio area can enroll now in one or more weeklong summer camps that will be offered by the UTSA Interactive Technology Experience Center (iTEC). The camps will include morning, afternoon and all-day sessions at the UTSA Main Campus starting Monday, June 4.
Costs vary by camp; for details including camp schedules, visit the iTEC Summer Camp website or call Roberta Bauer at 210-458-5081.
Students attending iTEC summer camps each day should bring a sack lunch that does not require refrigeration. On request, after-camp care will be available until 5:30 p.m. for children of all ages for $10 per day per child.
ITEC's mission is to inspire youth by creating an environment where they can understand how engineering, science and technology shape our lives and the future of our world. Its focus areas include robotics, telecommunications, scanning electron microscope applications and design for manufacturing.
- iTEC Mad Lab (grades K-5) -- Explore basics of chemistry with hands-on chemistry experiments for your chemist.
- Back to Nature (grades K-2) -- Discover the wonderful hidden world of bugs and plants found in our own backyard.
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles (grades K-2) -- Campers will enjoy building and programming robots and exploring some of their favorite modes of transportation.
- iTEC Rocks (grades K-5) -- Campers will grow crystals, dig for bones and construct their own cave systems.
- Lost in Space (grades K-5) -- This hands-on program sends children on an intergalactic quest of exploration.
- Building the you of tomorrow (grades K-8) -- Campers discover what they’re made of and how their bodies work using advanced biotechnology.
- Gas Who! Alt Energy (grades 3-5) -- Your little engineer will spend hours learning about different forms of clean energy.
- Thrillventures (Rollercoasters) (grades 3-5) -- Learn the physics behind steep inclines and death-defying loops while understanding the mechanics of how roller coasters work.
- Green City Challenge (grades 3-5) -- Your child will use LEGO robotics to explore the modern world and different ways we can clean it up.
- DaVinci’s Marvelous Machines (grades 3-5) -- Join us in building some of Leonardo da Vinci's favorite creations as well as a robot that can paint.
- A GEARing Challenge (grades 3-5) -- GEAR ahead of your competition, as iTEC revisits previous GEAR competitions. This weeklong class will GEAR you up with the rules and the use of practical attachments. Tackle the challenges of previous competitions with iTEC.
- Europa Vacation (grades 3-5) -- Students build humanoid robots, roving vehicles and mechanical beasties of increasing complexity. Then they learn how to program their 'droids to walk, talk and even see.
- Sir-Lance-a-bot (grades 3-5) -- In this camp, your child will be on the edge of his or her seat while building jousting robots, catapults and guillotines.
- Kil a Watt (grades 6-8) -- Your little engineer will spend hours learning about different forms of clean energy.
- Green City Challenge (grades 6-8) -- Your child will use LEGO robotics to explore the modern world and different ways we can clean it up.
- Deep Space IX (grades 6-8) -- Students build humanoid robots, roving vehicles and mechanical beasties of increasing complexity. Then they learn how to program their ’droids to walk, talk and even see.