» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA moves email to cloud: Users will receive details via email
By Alex Morones
Technical Writer and Editor, Office of Information Technology
(Oct. 8, 2012) -- The UTSA Office of Information Technology has initiated a project to move email from a locally hosted application to one that is "cloud-based." Benefits of the change are that mailbox sizes will be five times larger and the Web version will look more like the desktop version and function better than the old Web version.
The process of moving UTSA mailboxes has begun and will continue through December. Before a mailbox is moved, each user will receive detailed information via email. A reminder email will be sent the day a mailbox is scheduled to be moved.
What are some of the benefits for moving email to the cloud?
- Mailbox size will be increased from its current limit of 5GB to 25GB.
- Improved access to your UTSA email on the Web -- it will be more functional and will look more like Outlook 2010.
- Mac users can move to Outlook 2011.
Because of the change, a few current features will be affected once an emailbox has moved:
- Mac users will no longer use Entourage to access UTSA email, but will use Outlook 2011 -- a more full-featured and stable email client.
- Those who use a smartphone or other device to access UTSA email must update their device to use the new settings.
For more information about the project at the Office365 Web page.