» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA, San Antonio Express-News host Sept. 19 town hall on Alamo Plaza redevelopment
(Sept. 19, 2013) -- The San Antonio Express-News and The University of Texas at San Antonio will host a town hall meeting on the history and redevelopment of Alamo Plaza at 7 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 19 in the Buena Vista Street Building Aula Canaria (1.328) on the UTSA Downtown Campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Panelists will address whether the Alamo Plaza's historic footprint should be restored as part of the shrine to provide a better experience for visitors. Or, should the buildings on the western edge of Alamo Plaza remain as they are?
- Larry Laine, chief clerk in the Texas Land Commissioner's Office
- Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio
- Sue Ann Pemberton, president of the San Antonio Conservation Society and UTSA architecture lecture
- Gary Foreman, historian
- Davis Phillips, president and CEO of Phillips Entertainment
- Moderator: Express-News columnist Gilbert Garcia
Free event parking will be available in lot D-3 under Interstate 35.
Those planning to attend are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat.