» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
FAQ: Birds up! UTSA Roadrunner home football kicks off this week
(Sept. 5, 2013) -- You will find resources here for everything you need to know about UTSA Football Game Day.
The Home Football Game on Saturday, Sept. 7 has an 11 a.m. kickoff and all activities are adjusted accordingly. Whiteout for this game versus Oklahoma State… wear your bright whites as we White-Out the Dome! Because of the early kickoff, road construction and heavy traffic, plan to arrive at least one hour before game time.
Parking is sold out at the Alamodome; parking options are available in private lots or downtown parking garages. Better yet, see information below on VIA park-and-ride.
Additionally, VIA's regular Yellow Streetcar route provides service between the UTSA Downtown Campus and the Alamodome from the VIA stop near lot D3 under Interstate 35/10. The cost of the Yellow Streetcar is $1.10 each way with the UTSA student discount rate of 50 percent off. More information, visit the VIA website.
3 p.m., Friday, Sept. 6, University Center Paseo, Main Campus
-- UTSA's new tradition -- a spirited team send-off with Orange Crush floats and other giveaways – and a sneak peak of the new Rowdy statue!
UTSA football home games -- times vary, check schedule
- Sept. 7 -- Oklahoma State
- Sept. 28 -- Houston
- Oct. 12 -- Rice
- Oct. 26 -- UAB
- Nov. 9 -- Tulane
- Nov. 30 -- Louisiana Tech
Where to get UTSA t-shirts and other attire
- UTSA Roadrunner Express, UTSA Gear and UTSA Bookstores
- Roadrunner Express is in University Center Paseo (Main Campus) and Durango Building (Downtown Campus)
- GoUTSA.com or UTSA Football Game Day (click on Tickets tab)
- UTSA students who pay the athletics fee are admitted free to home UTSA Athletics events including football at the Alamodome. UTSA students must swipe their UTSA ID at a Student Entrance for admittance. Students can purchase up to four guest tickets per game ($10 each) for friends and family who will join the student in the student section and also must enter at a student entrance.
- For tickets, call 210-458-UTSA (8872) or go to GoUTSA.com. On Saturday, the Alamodome box office windows open at 8:30 a.m. Doors open at 9:30 a.m.
- Transportation to and from the Alamodome from four VIA park-and-ride sites: UTSA Main Campus, Crossroads, Madla Transit Center and San Antonio International Airport (enter lot through Northern Boulevard).
- Service to the Alamodome begins three hours before kickoff. At the UTSA Main Campus, park on game day in lots adjacent to the Rec Center and Convocation Center in any unmarked space (UTSA permit not required game day). The last buses depart the Alamodome 45 minutes after the official end of the game.
- Details on VIA park-and-ride
- More details on parking options
- Buy park-and-ride tokens at VIA locations or the VIA website for $1.25 each way (student rate), $2.50 each way (general public). Buy park-and-ride tokens in advance at Roadrunner Express (University Center Paseo on Main Campus and Durango Building on Downtown Campus).