» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA community: Read important health and safety information
(April 7, 2014) -- This message is distributed annually to all employees as required by the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 85, Sections 111-115.
At the following links, please read the important information on health issues, workplace guidelines and policies, health insurance privacy, and alcohol and drugs health risks.
- Educational brochure on HIV/AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases and the workplace
- Questions regarding HIV/AIDS? Call the Texas HIV/STD Info Line at 1-800-232-4636 (English/Español) or visit the Texas Department of State Health Services HIV and STD Program website.
- UTSA's workplace guidelines and policies on HIV/AIDS and other STDs in the UTSA Handbook of Operating Procedures, Chapter 9
- The UT System Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) privacy notice
- Drug Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989 brochure, "Health Risks of Alcohol and Drugs"
For more information, contact Georgina Anguiano Elliott, UTSA benefits manager, at 210-458-4253.