» UTSA Expressions -- Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA kicks off new student orientation sessions with nearly 4,400 students
(June 2, 2014) -- New student orientation sessions kick off today at UTSA as summer classes also begin. To date, 4,395 UTSA students have signed up for orientation, which is approximately 1,500 more students than last year at the same time.
Hosted by the UTSA Office of Orientation and Family Programs, new student orientation sessions help new students and their family members make the transition to college life and learn about the university and its traditions. Programming is targeted to freshmen, transfer students, family members, graduate students and international students.
The sessions help new students:
- Complete a class schedule in his or her chosen major and a comprehensive academic advising session
- Learn about UTSA student support services and academic life
- Understand the personal and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Reduce anxiety in the transition to college life
- Understand the importance of academic responsibility
- Become familiar with UTSA traditions
Orientation sessions provide new students and their families with a structured, comprehensive introduction to the range of opportunities at UTSA. The programming centers on:
- Creating a positive transition that connects and welcomes students and family members to the campus community
- A safe learning environment that empowers students through engagement, challenge and accountability
- Collaboration, team work and service in a work environment that promotes respect and professionalism.
Share your orientation photos with @UTSA on Twitter: #UTSA18 or #RoadrunnerNation.