UTSA North Paseo Building move-in will begin Tuesday, Sept. 2
(July 30, 2014) -- UTSA faculty and staff members will start moving into the new North Paseo Building (NPB) on Tuesday, Sept. 2. The first and second floors of the five-level building on the Main Campus are dedicated largely to student classrooms and research labs that will be ready to use in the spring 2015 semester.
The NPB also will house administrative offices currently in off-campus leased properties, as well as consolidate Computer Science and various cybersecurity departments, institutes and centers.
Located south of the Tobin Avenue garage and adjacent to the UTSA Oval, the NPB features a wide corridor and seating areas to service first-floor classrooms. On the North Paseo side of the building, there will be landscaping and shaded outdoor seating. A glass wall will create a strong visual connection between outdoors and indoors with an inviting environment for informal gathering and group study.
At the building’s south end, a stairwell open to the fifth floor and topped with a skylight will allow light to pass from the fifth to ground floor. The open stairway will promote easy interaction between floors and improved physical fitness -- the open space will entice more use of the stairs and less of the elevator. A wall system with doors on each level would slide closed in the instance of a fire to contain smoke and fire.
The NPB in combination with the Plaza Norte Building will define Plaza Norte, an outdoor courtyard where the UTSA community can gather. Finally, a portal passing through the north end of the NPB ground floor will complete a path connecting San Saba Hall at the campus west side and the UTSA Oval on the east side.
According to Facilities Engineering and Project Management, NPB move-in will be complete by Friday, Nov. 21, before the Thanksgiving holiday. Some of the classrooms in the building will not be complete until the December holiday break.
Some Financial Affairs offices will not not move; those offices are Financial Services and University Bursar, Inventory, Surplus and Fiscal Services.
See the list below of office locations by level in the North Paseo Building.
North Paseo Building classrooms and offices
- 4 Computer Science classroom labs
- 8 Registrar-managed classrooms
- 4 Computer Science classroom labs
- 2 Information Systems and Cyber Security classroom labs
- Financial Affairs and Human Resources training rooms
- Computer Science -- 21 research labs, teaching assistant workstations
- Institute for Cyber Security -- 4 research labs
- Information Systems and Cyber Security -- 5 research labs, teaching assistant workstations, adjunct faculty workstations, seminar room
- Center for Infrastructure Assurance and Security (CIAS) -- Office suite, training room
- Center for Education and Research in Information and Infrastructure Security (CERIIS) -- Office suite
- Institute for Cyber Security -- Office suite, faculty offices
- Information Systems and Cyber Security -- Office suite, faculty offices
- Computer Science -- Office suite, faculty offices, teaching assistant workstations
- Computer Science -- Teaching assistant workstations
- Human Resources -- Office suite
- Financial Affairs -- Office suite (including Controller's Office, Disbursements and Travel Service, Grants and Contracts, and Budget Planning and Development)
- Payroll -- Office suite
- External Relations -- Office suite
- Office of Information Technology, Application Development and Support -- Office suite
- Audit and Compliance -- Office suite
- Legal Affairs -- Office suite
- PeopleSoft -- Office suite
The public is invited to come celebrate the opening of UTSA's Westside Community Center. UTSA is planning a number of potential programs and services at its new community center including after-school tutoring as well as college admissions advising and preparation.1310 Guadalupe St., San Antonio
This photo exhibit explores the history and tradition behind the Mexican drink.UTSA Institute of Texan Cultures, Hemisfair Campus
Home tailgate admission is free to all UTSA Alumni Association members. Non-member adult admission is $20 and children 16 and under are free. Anyone who wants to get Rowdy is welcome! Giveaways, music, UTSA Cheer & Rowdy, Pep Band and more!Alamodome Lot C, 100 Montana St., San Antonio
UTSA hosts Army West PointAlamodome, 100 Montana St., San Antonio
UTSA faculty, staff and students are invited to attend open forums featuring the three finalist candidates for the position of vice president for the Office of Research, Economic Development and Knowledge Enterprise.Various locations, Main and Downtown Campuses
East Asia Institute Director Wan Xiang Yao and former associate director Mimi Yu, a lecturer in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, will be honored at a reception. Yao, who has served as director of the institute since 2014, is stepping down, effective Sept. 1.East Asia Institute (MB 1.209), Main Campus
This event is an opportunity for students who are interested in the STEM field to meet with employers looking to hire UTSA students for internship and full-time jobs. Bring your resume and dress to impress.H-E-B Student Union Ballrooms (HSU 1.104/1.106), Main Campus