- Start exploring the possibilities your new degree will open for you.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in your area of interest.
- Expand your network.
- Join and participate in professional associations.
- Develop a resume or curriculum vita.
- Begin assembling a professional portfolio.
- Seek out internship opportunities.
- Participate in Career Center workshops/learning modules.
- Consider presenting at local or national conferences.
- Submit papers for publication to journals in your field.
- Pay attention to where others are going upon graduation.
- Research different areas of employment which you may have an interest in (e.g. Teaching, consulting, etc.).
- Brush up on your interview skills.