The Human Resource Management Certificate preparation course from PDC is designed primarily for individuals seeking a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification.
This intensive program offered by UTSA and the University of Texas Professional Development Center is designed primarily for individuals seeking the most sought-after HR certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®).
We are currently rescheduling this course. Sign up to recieve an email alert when this program opens for registration!
This program meets in the Buena Vista Building, fourth floor, Room # BV 4.301B at the Downtown UTSA campus.
As an added advantage, we use the newly updated 2013 SHRM Learning System. It features up-to-date content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the PHR or SPHR exam.
By attending our course, you’ll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, ranked the #1 certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and 3.5 CEUs.
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the PHR or SPHR examinations.
The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
- Business Management and Strategy
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
- Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
- Risk Management
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation
This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Thousands of HR professionals have earned their PHR or SPHR certifications by using the SHRM Learning System, the number one ranked certification prep tool. You can earn 3.5 continuing education credits (CEUs) for completing this program.
SHRM Learning System Software
The 2013 SHRM Learning System is filled with new features, including innovative SmartStudy tools that help streamline your study time and build confidence for passing the certification exam. Follow these steps to success:
- Assess: Take our assessments to determine your current knowledge and gaps, with the results weighted against tested areas on the certification exam (PHR or SPHR).
- Study: Use assessment results to identify your learning priorities, create your personal study plan, estimate study time and apply learned knowledge.
- Pass: Complete the post-test and use other testing preparation tools to validate your learning and refine your study plan as you prepare to pass the exam.
The nation’s number one PHR and SPHR certification preparation system is also the most advanced. In addition to SmartStudy tools, we offer learning modules in print and e-reader formats and provide extensive multi-media online resources. The SHRM Learning System thoroughly prepares you to pass the certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- HR professionals seeking a comprehensive overview of the field
- HR professionals preparing to take the national Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) examinations
PDC recommends that participants with less than two years of HR exempt-level experience complete PDC’s SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management