For nearly 30 years, the President’s Distinguished Achievement Awards have recognized UTSA faculty members for their outstanding contributions in teaching, research and service. Fifteen awards of $1,000 each are given each year. Since the 2018-2019 academic year, an Innovation and Impact award for up to $5,000 is given each year to a faculty-led team.
January 22, 2021: DEADLINE for deans' offices to upload nominations to SharePoint (college faculty award points of contact will receive a link)
February 2021: Award selection committees review nominations and determine recipients
April 2021: Award recipients are formally recognized at the University Excellence Awards Ceremony
- Different supporting materials are required in the nomination packets for each presidential award. Please review the guidelines on the various award pages on this site.
- Only the materials requested for each award will be considered when determining award recommendations. No other materials should be submitted.
- Faculty may only win a given presidential award once.
All nominations will be submitted electronically via SharePoint by the deans' offices. Deadline for colleges to submit nominations is January 22, 2021. Please check with your dean's office point of contact for other, internal deadlines.
- For each award, a selection committee composed composed of faculty will review nomination packets.
- Tenured faculty will be considered based on sustained excellence over time whereas tenure-track faculty will be evaluated based on their accomplishments to date and career trajectory.