For nearly 30 years, the President’s Distinguished Achievement Awards have recognized UTSA faculty members for their outstanding contributions in teaching, research and service. Fifteen awards of $1,000 each are given each year. Since the 2018-2019 academic year, an Innovation and Impact award for up to $5,000 is given each year to a faculty-led team.
January 28, 2023: DEADLINE for deans' offices to upload nominations to SharePoint (college faculty award points of contact will receive a link)
February 2023: Award selection committees review nominations and determine recipients
April 2023: Award recipients are formally recognized at the University Excellence Awards Ceremony
- Different supporting materials are required in the nomination packets for each presidential award. Please review the guidelines on the various award pages on this site.
- Only the materials requested for each award will be considered when determining award recommendations. No other materials should be submitted.
- Faculty may only win a given presidential award once.
- Faculty may only be nominated for ONE AWARD PER AWARDS CYCLE.
Peer and Self nominations are welcomed through the colleges. Please contact your dean's office point of contact for internal deadlines and processes.
All nominations will be submitted electronically by the deans' offices. Deadline for colleges to submit nominations is January 28, 2023.
- Each college will submit names of representatives to the University Faculty Awards Committee every year. Representatives serve a single term of one year and may be reappointed after two years.
- The committee members will serve on the various awards sub-committees and will apply the specific award criteria to the nominations received from the colleges. Their selected winners are forwarded to the Provost and the President for final approval.
- Each award has unique eligibility, criteria, and nomination materials. Please review the sub-pages for these awards carefully.