UTSA Science Transfer Academy
Science Transfer Academy Applications Are Being Accepted for Fall 2020
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until all positions are filled.
Want to get tips and tricks to promote your success as you transition to the UTSA College of Sciences ... and get paid while doing it? Are you considering pursuing a career as a biomedical scientist (not physician, nurse, or direct health provider)? Are you a Biology, Microbiology/Immunology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Physics major or pre-major?
If so, come join the UTSA Science Transfer Academy!
Trainees will attend a two-day Science Transfer Academy Boot Camp in August and several follow-up meetings during the Fall. Learn advanced study skills, campus support resources, take part in laboratory tours, meet UTSA researchers, learn about research opportunities available at UTSA, and network with fellow students.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be strongly considering a career in science in the biomedical sciences (research-related, not as a health professional)
- Be admitted to the required major or pre-major
- Be eligible for federal Pell grants or from a group ethnically underrepresented in the biosciences
- Be available to attend the two-day Boot Camp in August and a few follow-up meetings during the fall semester
In the fall after participation, all Science Transfer Academy students will be expected to take part in an additional three meetings and a laboratory rotation (10 hours) and submit a small write-up of their experience.
Enrich your UTSA experience and apply to the UTSA Science Transfer Academy!
Hints on the Online Application
The Science Transfer Academy application is an electronic document which asks for contact, academic, career goal, and demographic information. As you finish individual pages of the application, you will be able to pause then restart again if needed. Instructions are provided on the first page of the application.
For more information, contact Dr. Gail Taylor.