UTSA STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy
Are you considering pursuing a career as a biomedical scientist (not physician, nurse, or direct health provider)? Are you a Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Microbiology/Immunology, Physics, or Psychology major or pre-major?
Want to get tips and tricks to promote your success as you transition into UTSA ... and prepare for research opportunities that will help you to reach a scientific career?
If so, come join the UTSA STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy!
Trainees will attend a two-day STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy Boot Camp in August and several follow-up meetings during the Fall. Learn advanced study skills, campus support resources, take part in laboratory tours, meet UTSA researchers, learn about research opportunities available at UTSA, and network with fellow students.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be strongly considering a career in science in the biomedical sciences (research-related, not as a health professional)
- Be admitted to the required major or pre-major
- Be eligible for federal Pell grants or from a group ethnically underrepresented in the biosciences
- Be available to attend the two-day Boot Camp in August and a few follow-up meetings during the fall semester
In the fall after participation, all STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy students will be expected to take part in an additional three meetings and a laboratory rotation (10 hours) and submit a small write-up of their experience.
Enrich your UTSA experience and apply to the UTSA STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy!
The STEM Transfer Pre-Research Academy application is an electronic document which asks for contact, academic, career goal, and demographic information.
For more information, contact Dr. Gail Taylor.