Ensure your computer is reporting to InSight
and is compliant
Ensure antivirus software is up-to-date (e.g., System Center Endpoint Protections (SCEP))
Check InSight or SCEP - opens via the Start button
- Ensure 'Real-time protection:' is "On"
- Ensure 'Virus and spyware definitions:' are "Up to date"
Ensure your computer has the latest Operating System updates
- Check InSight or open Control Panel | Programs and Features | View Installed Updates
- Ensure there are updates within the last month, especially in the Microsoft Windows section
Ensure Microsoft System Center is installed
- If it is reporting to InSight, it is - otherwise go to Start | All Programs
- Ensure Microsoft System Center 2012 folder exists
Ensure CrashPlan Pro is installed
Check InSight to ensure your computer is encrypted, or
Check your computer to see if encryption is enabled:
- BitLocker – (Windows) Control Panel | BitLocker Drive Encryption | Hard Disk Drives
- FileVault II (Mac OSX 10.7+) System Preferences |Security and Privacy | FileVault Tab
Contact the Office of Information Security for more options.