Faculty & Staff Resources
- COS Student Success Center
- COS Undergraduate Advising Information
- Graduate Advising
- Student Geological Society
- Student Travel
If you are interested in being a Teaching Assistant, complete our Graduate Teaching Assistantship Application and return it to the Department office. Should your application be approved, an assistantship assignment may be for either 25% time or 50% time appointment for each qualifying term. GRAs will need to discuss this directly with an individual faculty member who has grant funding support for student research.
Other student positions that may be available include: Graduate Assistant, Lab Assistant, Student Reader/Grader. If interested, fill out the Student Employment Application and return it to the Department Office.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Grants.gov (government grants)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- Research Corporation for Science Advancement (RCSA)
- San Antonio Area Foundation (SAAF)
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD)
- U.S. Department of Energy (DoE)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (occupational outlook)
- How To Become A Mining Engineer
- UTSA University Career Center
UTSA Job Openings
Go to UTSA Prospective Employment to check available faculty and staff positions.