Students who have completed at least 18 credit hours in the degree program and have a grade point average above 3.0 may qualify for a supervised internship with an off-campus biotechnology company. The goal of the internship is give students practical experience working in the biotechnology industry. The experience can encompass any of the day-to-day operations and activities that take place in the industry including, but not limited to:
- Primary scientific research
- Translational research
- Laboratory management including GLP and GMP certification
- Intellectual property administration
- Setting up and/or conducting service operations such as sequencing or diagnostic tests
- Clinical trial design and management
Please email the GAR (Valerie.Sponsel@utsa.edu).