Workshops | Student Success Coaching
There are two types of workshops for undergraduate students:
- Live workshops to attend (for undergraduate students)
- Workshops by request (for faculty, staff, and students to request for students)
Are you a student interested in meeting with a coach one-on-one? Click here to fill out the request form.
Expert Learner Series
Join us for 30-minute virtual workshops on Zoom. Enhance your study skills to help you earn the grades you want! All workshops are Tuesdays at 11:00 to 11:30am. Register here to get the Zoom link!
- Plan Your Semester and Set Goals: Tuesday, January 25th, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Talk to Your Professor During Office Hours: Tuesday, February 1st, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Discover Your Learning Style: Tuesday, February 8th, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Strengthen Your Note-Taking Skills: Tuesday, February 15th, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Read More Effectively: Tuesday, February 22nd, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Keep Momentum During Spring Break: Tuesday, March 1st, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Implement Self Care: Tuesday, March 29th, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Work in a Group: Tuesday, April 5th, 11:00am – 11:30am
- Crush Your Presentations: Tuesday, April 12th, 11:00am, – 11:30am
- APC’s Declassified Finals Survival Guide: Tuesday, April 19th, 11:00am – 11:30am
Can't make it to a workshop? Cover any of the topics individually with an academic coach! Fill out the form to schedule a one-on-one appointment! Questions? Please email us at Academic.Coach@utsa.edu.
Writing Boot Camp
Workshop By Request
Available Workshop Topics and Descriptions
Succeeding in a Virtual Learning Environment
This workshop provides information on important strategies students can use to be successful when taking one or more online classes.
In this workshop, students will learn to evaluate the use of their time, discuss the importance of planning, prioritizing, and avoiding procrastination, and explore different tools for managing their time effectively.
Student Feedback About Workshops
"The speaker was great and very helpful!"
"I have learned about presenting a lot but this workshop actually taught me some new things that I haven’t been told before."
"This was an excellent presentation! I was honestly not that excited to come to class today knowing there would be a guest presenter, but [she] was engaging, intelligent, and really taught me so much about what I already thought I knew. Great job!"
"Thank you very much, I am now very excited to start this project and now I know not to waste my time, and how to spend my spend my time efficiently"
"Effective presentation that allowed to calm nerves about the upcoming assignment in class."
"I love the way these topics are presented. Also love the encouragement & help the speakers provide."