» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
Extreme Makeover, UTSA Edition: Campus beautification project is Oct. 4
(Sept. 27, 2013) -- The UTSA community is invited to be a part of UTSA’s annual beautification project, Extreme Makeover: UTSA Edition, which will be 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4. It is a good time to show your school pride and to make a difference on your campus by participating in the cleanup day.
>> To sign up for Extreme Makeover: UTSA Edition, visit the Volunteer Services/VOICES office in H-E-B University Center Room 1.216 on the Main Campus, email email@example.com or call 210-458-7291.
Last year, 185 UTSA students and 20 student organizations participated in a range of collaborative projects to beautify the UTSA Main Campus. The projects included:
- Placing brick edging around flower beds and planting shrubs and greenery around the Convocation Center
- Spreading mulch around trees and flower beds at the Laurel Village residence facility
- Painting doors and rails at the Convocation Center and picking up trash across the campus
This year, projects will include:
- Litter pick-up around campus
- Gardening and beautifying beds adjacent to the tennis courts
- Creating a granite pathway and bike rack area near the University Center
The event is coordinated by the UTSA student organization VOICES (Volunteer Organization Involving Community, Education and Service) with collaboration from the UTSA grounds, facilities and housing departments. This fall, VOICES celebrates 20 years of service at UTSA. Learn more at the VOICES website.
Facilities and grounds staff members work hard each year to plan projects, and the results are always noticed and appreciated by the UTSA community. The planning team includes student Kaelie Gonzalez, advisers Cristina Dominguez and Leslianne Garcia, and facilities staff members.
For more information on service activities, visit the UTSA Inclusion and Community Engagement website or call 210-458-7291.