» UTSA Expressions -- Inclusion and Community Engagement Center
» Discovery -- UTSA Research
» Innovations -- College of Engineering
» Ovations -- College of Liberal and Fine Arts
» Spectrum -- College of Education
UTSA Student Health Services offers free dental screenings Feb. 21 and 28
(Feb. 17, 2014) -- The UT Health Science Center San Antonio Dental School faculty and students will conduct dental screenings at no charge for UTSA students at UTSA Student Health Services on the Main Campus.
Appointments are from 1:30 to 3:45 p.m., Feb. 21 and Feb. 28 in Recreation and Wellness Center Classroom 1.806 on the Main Campus.
>> For an appointment, call Student Health Services at 210-458-4142.
At the screening, teeth will not be cleaned and cavities will not be filled. The benefits of dental screenings are to prevent and detect infections, tooth decay, periodontal disease, receding gums and oral cancer; provide oral health education and referrals for free or low-cost dental care.
A dental professional will:
- Examine your mouth, gums and teeth.
- During the screening, they will look for signs of infection, cavities, periodontal disease, receding gums and oral cancer.
- If problems are identified, the dental professional will follow up with you to make an appointment for care or will refer you to a dentist in the area.
Connect with UTSA Student Health Services:
- Facebook: facebook.com/UTSAStudentHealthServices
- Twitter: @UTSAHealth
- Instagram: UTSA_StudentHealth