Apply to be a Top Scholar
Students who have the best chance of being invited to UTSA for a selection interview will be first-time college freshman and have:
- 1440 or higher on the new SAT*
- 32 or higher on the ACT*
- Class rank in the top five percent of their graduating class
- Record of community volunteerism and leadership in school
- Texas residency
*Submissions of SAT and ACT scores will be optional for Fall 2021.
UTSA's Top Scholar program welcomes all majors.
The Top Scholar application for Fall 2021 entering class is now open on the Scholarship Hub. The application period will close on December 1, 2020.
How to Apply
- Apply to UTSA via ApplyTexas or CommonApp
- You will receive an email to authenticate your UTSA email account and receive your myUTSA ID once your application is processed into UTSA's system.
- Visit OneStop for tips and frequently asked questions regarding scholarships and log into the UTSA Scholarship Hub using your myUTSA ID and passphrase.
- Complete the General Scholarship Application
- Search Opportunities by Keywords: Top Scholar
- Complete Top Scholar program application and Submit
The Top Scholar program application deadline is December 1, 2020
You may apply for the Top Scholar program prior to your acceptance into UTSA. However, your UTSA application must be fully received into UTSA's system so please allow adequate time (processing time varies during the application period).
Requirements to continue being a UTSA Top Scholar
The following must be maintained to remain in the program
- Maintain a UTSA GPA of at least 3.50
- Live on campus (this requirement is waived for Fall 2020)
- Complete 30 hours each academic year
- Complete at least one community service and leadership development project each year
- Actively participate in all aspects of the program