The University College's purpose is to function as the hub of the university by promoting student-centered learning through academic excellence and a dynamic, engaged curriculum, offering our students lifelong tools for academic inquiry, advancement, and leadership in their local and global communities. University College offers innovative interdisciplinary degree programs at the doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s levels, as well as fully online certificate programs. We are also home to the Writing Program, Academic Inquiry and Scholarship and Multidisciplinary Studies, Army and Air Force ROTC, and the Dual Credit Program.
- University College will be an exemplar in excellence and integrity in all
- Student exploration, growth and development
- Fostering community and professional development
- Data informed decision making
- Innovation and adaptability
The Academic Inquiry and Scholarship (AIS) program helps first-year freshmen build and enhance the fundamental skills necessary for success in college, explore majors related to their interests, and engage in career exploration consistent with their professional goals.