The University of Texas at San Antonio’s Center for Advanced Manufacturing & Lean Systems (CAMLS) is proud to offer this one-day course to the public.
Lean Thinking is not just for manufacturing. Non-manufacturing operations are becoming the larger part of the global economy; so is the hidden waste in them. This course can benefit both service organizations and manufacturers. This course covers the basic lean concepts and discusses how these traditional manufacturing concepts can be extended and related to service industries and office operations. The course includes the eight wastes, lean metrics, and multiple lean tools.
This course is taught by UTSA-CAMLS faculty.
The course presentation includes:
- Classroom learning and discussion
- Multi-media demonstrations
- Interactive simulation games
- Practices and case studies
CertificatesUpon successful completion of the course, participant will receive UTSA Continuing Education Units (0.7 CEU for 1-day course) and a CAMLS Lean Services & Office Kaizen Training Certificate.
Who Should Attend
- Company executives
- Business managers
- Management engineers
- Enterprise process engineers
- All administrative and supporting staff
Schedule & Fees
- This one-day course will be June 24, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Course participants will meet in the Engineering Building at the UTSA Main Campus
- Course costs:
- Early Bird Registration Fees are $250 until end of business on June 10, 2014
- Regular Registration Fees are $300 from the evening of June 10, 2014 until June 23, 2014 (the day before the course)
- Parking passes available for purchase in registration form ($6 per day)
10% Group Discounts Available
- Individual Discounts are available to current UTSA students and staff, please bring your UTSA ID to the course
- Group Discounts are available when sending a group of 3 or more from the same organization
- To register as a group, please follow these instructions in the following registration form:
- Select the course and create account in the online registration system
- Specify your organization under the “Firm” field
- In “Payment Method,” select “Allow Billing”
- The office will process payment with 10% discount when 3 or more from your organization have registered.
The next workshop is currently being scheduled. Please check back later, or sign up below to recieve information about course announcements.
This course is brought to you by a partnership between Extended Education and the Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Lean Systems