For nearly 30 years, the President’s Distinguished Achievement Awards have recognized UTSA faculty members for their outstanding contributions in teaching, research and service. Fifteen awards of $1,000 each are given each year. Starting in the 2018-2019 academic year, a new award for Innovation and Impact will be given each year to a faculty-led team.
Mid-Sept. 2018: Call for nominations
Friday, Jan. 25, 2019: Deadline for deans' offices to upload nominations to SharePoint (college administrative staff will receive a link)
Feb./Mar. 2019: Award selection committees review nominations and determine recipients
Mar./April 2019: Award recipients are notified
Thursday, April 18, 2019: Award recipients are formally recognized at the University Excellence Awards Ceremony
- Different supporting materials are required in the nomination packets for each presidential award. Please review the guidelines on the various award pages on this site.
- Only the materials requested for each award will be considered when determining award recommendations. No other materials should be submitted.
- Faculty may only win a given presidential award once.
All nominations will be submitted electronically via SharePoint by the deans' offices. Deadline for colleges to submit nominations is January 25, 2019. Please check with your dean's office for other, internal deadlines.
- For each award, a selection committee composed primarily of former award recipients will review nomination packets.
- Tenured faculty will be considered based on sustained excellence over time whereas tenure-track faculty will be evaluated based on their accomplishments to date and career trajectory.