The mission of the Latino Health Research Initiative is to improve the rational, objective research foundations on Latino health and well-being.
The Latino Health Research Initiative carries out this mission by:
- Conducting and/or supporting research that improves understanding of the relationships among community and societal circumstances, Latino culture, and health research and policy.
- Assisting in the translation of research results into their practical, applications, making them accessible and useful for community leaders, applied professionals, and policy makers.
- Promoting the development and exchange of ideas related to Latino culture, social tradition, and health policy, particularly among professionals, faculty, and students.
- Enhancing public awareness of the relationships among community and societal circumstances, Latino culture, and public health policy.
- Fostering relationships among researchers, community practitioners, analysts, governmental units and other organizations.
- Providing research tools, such as its state-of-the-art Data Center.
- Building research capacity in fields related to Latino health and well-being.