Street Team members are dedicated to leadership capacity-building for the entire UTSA community. They are the student face of the SLC, providing outreach and workshop facilitation throughout the year. Volunteering with the street team is a great way to enhance leadership skills through educating other students. Team members can also add a significant para-professional experience to their resumes.
Apply to become a Street team member on Rowdylink today.
Prerequisites: (Applicants will)
- Have participated in one or more SLC programs previously
- Currently enrolled at least half time
- Maintaining good academic and conduct standing
Expectations: (Approx. 10 hrs./ month)
- Facilitating Student Life Leadership Competencies Workshop Series
- Participate in annual training on fundamental facilitation skills and lesson plans specific to the workshop series (two two-hour training sessions plus one observed practice coaching session)
- Facilitate workshops as scheduled by the SLC
- Debrief each workshop session with SLC staff
- Direct marketing/promotion of SLC Program opportunities,
- Utilizing energetic social engagement, multiple social media platforms and other forms of communication to raise awareness and increase participation in SLC programs
- Tabling at various times and locations on campus, providing accurate summary information including program dates, deadlines and how to apply
- Promoting SLC programs in brief presentations to classes and organizations
- Sharing highlights of your personal experiences
- Designing and creating new marketing materials
- Participating in monthly SLC street team meetings
- Act as liaison between the SLC staff and the UTSA student body
- Model integrity and the SLC's core competencies as ongoing practices
- Leadership development and resume building
- Increased skillset including: event-planning and coordination, facilitation, communication, professionalism, leadership, creative skills, social awareness, and teamwork
- Opportunity to work closely with senior staff members and contribute to program development
- Serve as a resource and mentor to incoming UTSA students and build their community
- High-impact professional recommendations from Program Coordinator and Associate Director
- Professional headshot
Application and Selection Process:
- Submit a letter of interest and resume on RowdyLink.
- A thorough selection process will include an individual interview.